Wigs 4 Kids
Come into Ultimissimo for a free haircut when you donate your hair to Wigs 4 Kids. We also send the hair in for you!
Guidelines for Acceptable Donations;
- Hair that is colored or permed is acceptable.
- Hair cut years ago is usable if it has been stored in a ponytail or braid.
- Hair that has been bleached (usually this refers to highlighted hair) is not usable. If unsure, ask your stylist. We are not able to accept bleached hair due to a chemical reaction that occurs during the manufacturing process.**If the hair was bleached years ago and has completely grown out it is fine to donate.
- Hair that is swept off of the floor is not usable because it is not bundled in a ponytail or braid.
- Hair that is shaved off and not in a ponytail or braid is not usable. If shaving your head, first divide hair into multiple ponytails to cut off.
- We cannot accept dreadlocks. Our manufacturer is not able to use them in our children’s hairpieces. We also cannot accept wigs, falls, hair extensions or synthetic hair.
- Layered hair is acceptable if the longest layer is 10 inches.
- Layered hair may be divided into multiple ponytails.
- Curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum 10 inches.
- 10 inches measured tip to tip is the minimum length needed for a hairpiece.
Crowning Achievements is a non-profit organization serving men and women, over 16 in the St. Croix Valley Area of Minnesota and Wisconsin, with special needs. They host fun events each month within our communities to foster awareness and acceptance of their participants, as well as to promote their social circle and skills. Their mission is to give people with special needs the same opportunities and experiences as others who represent their communities. Crowning Achievements strive to boost their confidence, independence, social skills and friendships.
ANNUAL ULTIMISSI-MUTT DOG WASH
All Proceeds go to benefit Helping Paws (www.helpingpaws.org/) and PAWS (www.pawswi.com/)
Dogs enjoy a nail trim (by professional vet techs from Croix Valley Vet) a “Pawlish” and a bath (including a shampoo, condition and blow dry)
You get to take home a photo memory of your pampered pooch and your dog gets a new bandana to show off their bath!
Helping Hands for Pets
Helping Hands for Pets is a non-profit organization dedicated to keeping pets in their homes where they are cherished and loved. Their programs provide qualified pet owners in Western Wisconsin basic financial assistance to keep a pet in its home rather than being surrendered to a shelter or euthanized due to financial limitations.
Who They Are
PAWS, Protective Animal Welfare of Western WI,is a Non-Profit Animal Organization run exclusively by volunteers. Their purpose is to reduce the stray population and increase the need for healthy animal adoptions through spray/neuter programs, education, and promotion to respect for the less fortunate animals that share out lives.
To educate people about the proper care ans treatment of animals, the problem of pet over-population, and to raise public awareness of the plight of the homeless animals in our community.
To care for our community’s homeless animals by providing food, water, medical attention, shelter, and love until a permanent home can be found.
The mission of Helping Paws is to further the independence of individuals with physical disabilities through the use of service dogs.
St. Croix Animal Friends
- To promote a positive relationship between animals and people through education and community programs.
- To provide animals with a compassionate experience in a temporary residence, and to assist them in finding their forever home.
- To offer a safe refuge, nourishment and opportunity for a better life for unwanted, abused or injured animals.
- To promote responsible pet ownership
- To work to unite lost animals with owners
DeepGreen Threads is a knitting business that provides work for women in our community who have suffered injustice. Their desire is to see these women empowered to grow professionally, personally, and spiritually.
Emerald City Rescue
Emerald City Pet Rescue exists to rescue abused, neglected, and homeless animals from streets and high kill shelters and place them into loving, forever homes. They are dedicated to rescue stray animals from high kill animal shelters who are scheduled to be euthanized. Their primary focus is to find safe and loving homes. They are based in Washington but have a Client Friend who is a part of the organization. Her name is Mickey Bloss and you can connect with her on Facebook today!